On Our Shelves in the last 24 hours. Click to see a specific store location's stock.
Pride.com called it "The gay uncles' rule book we never knew we needed!"
Gay uncles have become one of the most beloved family members (not to mention amazing role models), and National Guncles Day has even become a social media-approved holiday, inspiring adorable Instagram photo ops.
The family dynamic in the 21st century has become anything but typical. With the progress of social awareness in our society, there comes a new, ever-changing, diverse face of America. But one thing that’s almost universal with the American family is the guncle!
Introductory material from Daniel Franzese (Mean Girls, Looking, Party Monster) and Johnny Sibilly (Pose, The Deuce, Liza on Demand) sets the tone for this fun, interactive guide all guncles will enjoy. Packed with relateable and sometimes surprising stories, you'll also find:
- Quotes from famous guncles like James Baldwin, Oscar Wilde, RuPaul Charles, Ian McKellen, Harvey Milk, Lil Nas X, and more
- Guncle Wisdom boxes containing takeaways from the chapters
- Advice on how to talk to your nieces and nephews about being gay and coming out (you or them!)
- Stats on LGBTQ youth and mental health
- The ultimate guncle bucket list
- How to spoil your nieces and nephews
- Photo tips for being the best insta-guncle around
- And more!
About the Author
Glenn Garner is a former editor of OUT Magazine. He also has bylines in Teen Vogue, The Advocate, BlackBook, and Huffington Post. Garner has covered a variety of queer topics in his career and has interviewed the likes of RuPaul Charles, Lily Tomlin, and Rupert Everett. He received a BS in Journalism and Photography from Northern Arizona University and resides in Los Angeles, California.